Department of Science & Technology (DST), Government of India joins hands with industry stalwarts Lockheed Martin and Tata Trusts to energize the Indian innovation ecosystem through the India Innovation Growth Programme 2.0 (IIGP 2.0). Over the past decade, IIGP has generated over 350 commercial agreements, over $900 million of economic activity with over 400 startup companies scaling up in global markets. IIGP 2.0 calls for science and technology based industrial and social innovations in India. The programme is being implemented in partnership with the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI), Indo-US Science & Technology Forum (IUSSTF), IIM-Ahmedabad, IIT- Bombay and MIT-Energy Initiative (MITei) at Boston, USA.
Incubation support will be provided through the Foundation for Innovation and Social Entrepreneurship, Centre for Innovation Incubation and Entrepreneurship at IIMA,2 Society for Innovation and Entrepreneurship at IITB and IC Institute at the University of Texas, Austin (through XLr8 Andhra Pradesh & Nexus at The American center).
Through two annual parallel challenges, innovations will be identified and supported through stages of Ideation, Innovation and Acceleration.
1. University Challenge will cater to ideation and incubation of concepts, sourced specifically from individual students/teams across academic institutions in India.
2. Open Innovation Challenge will cater to innovation & acceleration of concepts, sourced from the technology community at large including but not limited to academics, private individuals, local private entities, government entities and any other group of people or organizations.
• Mentoring by IIT – Bombay
• Research Grants of upto INR 25 lacs
Open Innovation Challenge:
• Seed Funding
• Visit to MIT, Boston, USA
Bootcamp at IIM - Ahmedabad
Participate at Investors Meet
Pitching opportunities at the Innovation Tank